Thursday, March 29, 2007

Page 69

A little while ago, Marshal Zeringue (isn't that the best surname? No author could come up with a name that great) asked me to apply the page 69 test to Breathe, which I did and you can read my response here.

For those of you who don't do hyperlinks, the gist of the page 69 test is: is it representative of the rest of the book? would a reader skimming that page be inclined to read on? I don't think I specifically answered that second question in my response but hell yeah. It's about SEX isn't it? (Yeah, now you're linking). It's fascinating reading the responses by the way. Most people do seem to find that page 69 says something meaningful about their book. I wonder if that would apply to any page.

Marshal's website also gave me the idea for six word stories, I've been writing heaps - they're fun but quite tricky. Here's a sci-fi one I wrote in class the other day: "Came to earth. Met a girl."

More news on the 6 word story tomorrow. (I have an idea for a little competition).

No comments:

Post a Comment