Monday, May 21, 2007

Melbourne Bloggers Meet Up

I found this little message on Janet's blog. I hope to be there, though I am nervous about not knowing who everyone is! I just can't keep up with the blogiverse. But it sounds like fun.

Come one come all.

If you're a blogger and in Melbourne on Sunday June 17, would you like to meet a few other bloggers? The (almost) no rule Meet Me in Melbourne bloggers gathering will be in the Flagstaff Gardens in the afternoon from 2pm onwards in the vicinity of the kids' playground, near the junction of Peel, William and Franklin Streets. You can come in any guise for as long or short a time as you like. BYO picnic paraphernalia if you so desire - perhaps some afternoon tea to share.

The only rule? A name tag with who you are and the name of your blog.

And no excuses, like you don't know anyone or are worried your type of blog won't fit in. It's the perfect opportunity to get in touch with some of your on-line acquaintances and plan to meet up. We all share the desire to connect to each other through our blogs, so I'm sure none of us are too scary in real life.

Of course being Melbourne, the weather is something of a lottery. Please check on the morning of the meet for latest details and weather contingency plans at any of the following blogs:

soozs big adventure

muppinstuff

peasoup

If you'd like to help us spread the word (even if you can't come in person) please copy and paste this post to your blog. We're also working hard to bring you one of those groovy badges so stay tuned.

Meetme2


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:05 PM

    ooh, I hope you can come! I'm a bit nervous too, but so far I've enjoyed meeting other bloggers and each time there's been lots to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very nervous. I always think people will look at me in real life and say, well she's small, grey and disappointing.

    Then I get over it and have a drink.

    Thanks for posting the note on your site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:02 AM

    I read your comment on Janet's site and thought I should come out of hiding and admit I've been spying on you! Since I know that you don't really live in the computer and because I'm wondering if you realized who I was!

    Your family is lovely, a belated congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, how kewl! You know, you can go with the kiddies, pretending your just a family out and about for a day @ the park, then when it looks okay and safe, whip the name badge out and pretend you were coming all along!No-one any the wiser.

    ReplyDelete